ACUPUNCTURE & VITALITY, INC. DBA APOTHECAI
LAST UPDATED: MARCH 1, 2017
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. All users of this website agree that access to and use of this website are subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
You acknowledge that this website has been established for general informational purposes only; as such, the content on this website does not constitute solicitation or provision of medical advice. The information on this website is subject to change at any time, may not reflect current medical developments, and may be incomplete and/or may contain errors. The information provided here should not be used to diagnose or treat any health problem, injury, or disease. The content of this website is not intended in any way to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider for information about or the diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or disease. Those who access this website should consult their physician or other qualified healthcare provider before following any of the suggestions or making any conclusions from this website. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this website current, the owners of and contributors to this website make no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this website. This website contains the opinions of multiple authors intended for educational purposes with the understanding that the publications or editorials are not providing any professional services. The Company and its associates disclaim any liability, loss, or risk, directly or indirectly, of the application of any of the contents of the website.
- THE SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. Materials produced here, including the Services and Products, are not intended to provide medical information. Rather, the materials are presented for informational purposes only. None of the materials presented may be relied upon by any person for any medical, diagnostic, or treatment reasons whatsoever. None of the materials presented here may be relied upon by any person for any purpose other than informational purposes without the express written consent of Company. Company disclaims any liability for any injury or other damages resulting from the review or use of the information obtained herein. Any person reviewing the materials presented here should obtain specific medical advice and answers to specific medical questions, by a qualified healthcare professional.
- YOUR ACCOUNT. If you are required to open an account to use or access the Site or Service, you must complete the registration process by providing the complete and accurate information requested on the registration form. You may also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use the account, username, or password of someone else at any time. You agree to notify Company immediately on any unauthorized use of your account, user name, or password. Company shall not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account or password. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY AND FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS TAKEN UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE AUTHORIZED SUCH ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS.
- COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any User Content you provide or transmit. The burden of proving that any content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
- COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site or Service user who is found to have infringed on the rights of Company or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. Company’s policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide Company with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Company to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit Company to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to Company’s designated agent at:
Acupuncture & Vitality, Inc. dba Apothecai
Attn: Website Administrator
2510 Main Street
Santa Monica, California 90405
- NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY AND OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE COMPANY SITE OR THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
CERTAIN APPLICABLE STATE LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NO STATEMENT OF OURS OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, OR REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OTHER THAN THOSE EXPRESSLY CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS.
- LIMITED LIABILITY. COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, OR REPRESENTATIVES (“COMPANY PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION EVEN IF THE COMPANY PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OUR PROVISION OF (OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE) PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, OR FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR USER CONTENT, EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE COMPANY PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHERMORE, THE COMPANY PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH PRODUCTS IS TO OBTAIN A REFUND, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY PARTIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OUR PROVISION OF (OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE) PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES SHALL BE THE ACTUAL PRICE PAID THEREFORE BY YOU.
CERTAIN APPLICABLE STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP (i.e., Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
- COPYRIGHT. All content included in or made available through the Site or any Service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software is the exclusive property of Company or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content included in or made available through the Site or any Service is also the exclusive property of Company and protected by United States and international copyright laws. All contents of the Site or Service are: Copyright © 2017 Acupuncture & Vitality, Inc. dba Apothecai. All rights reserved.
- TRADEMARKS. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress of Company used on the Site or Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of Company. Company’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Company’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Company.
- NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
- GOVERNING LAW. You agree that all matters relating to your access to or use of the Site and Service, including all disputes, are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without regards to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in the County of Los Angeles, California, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
- CALIFORNIA USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the State of California. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the Services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site and/or Service should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than California.
- INTERNATIONAL USE. We control and operate the Site from our offices in the State of California, United States of America, and all information is processed within the United States. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site or Service from outside the United States do so voluntarily and are responsible for compliance with their local laws.
- CALIFORNIA USERS – CONSUMER RIGHTS NOTICE. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Site and Service from California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
You may also contact us in writing regarding any inquiries, questions about pricing, or complaints by mail at Acupuncture & Vitality, Inc. dba Apothecai, Attn: Website Administrator, 2510 Main Street, Santa Monica, California 90405 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.